Kelly O’Dell ¦ Health & Beauty: KALE CHIPS
BAKED (NOT FRIED) KALE CHIPS
I have to admit, I love crispy, salty potato chips. But I know as well as anyone how much fat and “bad” oil they contain: 25.8g of fat per 100g vs. only 2.6g for Kale Chips, so they should be eaten very very sparingly. However I don’t want to give up that crispy, salty snack. So instead I eat Kale Chips. They are super healthy, ready in minutes and really do the job when you have that snack like craving.
N.B Kale is a fat-free food! High in Fiber, Iron, Calcium, Vitamins A, K and C and it’s an anti-inflammatory food
- 1 Bunch kale, washed
- 1 Tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Sprinkle of good quality Sea Salt
- Fresh Cracked Pepper
- Feel free to get creative and add spices to your Kale Chips, for example some garlic powder or chili powder
1. Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees F.
2. Wash kale and cut stems off. Cut into chip size pieces.
3. In a large bowl add kale, olive oil and salt and pepper. Toss around to coat the kale.
4. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and place kale on top, laying flat, try not to over lap.
5. Bake for about 10-15 min. keeping an eye on them so they don’t burn.
Remove from oven and once cool, place in a bowl and try not to eat all in one sitting…but, hey, they’re so good for you its OK if you do!