Abi Fox ¦ Health & Beauty Secrets ¦ Debbie Thomas
I'd heard whispers about the miracle hands of Debbie Thomas and her strong passion for skincare. After my trip to see her last week, she proved that the rumors were true…
There are many different types of facials out there and I can tell you that this was not like any other facial I had ever had.
Past facials had always seemed like quite a relaxing experience. As the facialist rubbed a little moisturiser into my skin and massaged my face it all felt quite nice but it would never become anything beneficial. This time however I felt like Debbie really tackled the problems deep in my skin with real care. She also patiently paid very close attention to clearing the blockages on my forehead.
After explaining she used to have problem skin herself, it was clear to see where Debbie’s passion stemmed from. Knowing that you are in the hands of someone who has suffered the same problems as you makes for a much more trusting experience.
Debbie listened intently as I asked all the questions I had prepared and in return she carefully answered each one. She offered advice, not just on topical products, but on diet and the things that I might like to limit to help my problematic skin- dairy, sugar and alcohol being the top three.
Throughout my facial Debbie was very informative and explained each step as she performed it…
1) Skinceuticals Salicylic Peel – exfoliates the skin but also has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which are perfect for sensitive, irritated or acne prone skin.
2) Hydra- Dermabrasion – newer more effective form of micro-dermabrasion. This exfoliates, cleanses and hydrates in one motion. When the skin is hydrated it responds much better to any further treatment.
3) Extractions – this cleans out any blockages and imperfections. This was my favourite part of the facial, although slightly painful, I loved knowing that Debbie was getting rid of blocked pores.
4) Second pass of Hydra- Dermabrasion
5) Laser – this zaps the problems areas (mostly my forehead) and it helps the area to heal quicker, reduce redness and shrinks the oil glands (which can cause the acne in the first place).
6) FINISH- Anti-oxidant Serum, Moisturiser and SPF 50
After the facial my skin seemed a little red from the extractions but all my pimples were flat, and within the next few days my skin cleared up with the redness completely gone. From now on, every time I'm in London, I will be sure to call in to see Debbie to keep my skin looking clear and healthy…
I can feel an addiction growing!
To book with Debbie Thomas call: 02075815211